Tuesday, June 15, 2010

You know how some shoes are two hour shoes, some are good for heading in to dinner and walking back out and some are Disney worthy? I apparently own none qualified for hoofing around town. Sarah and I walked to the library today and I came back with seven blisters! I was wearing my favorite flats that I thought were good, but since they'd never been truly road tested, I was unaware of the dangers ahead. Stopped at Walgreens and bought bandaids....after I had twice applied Blister Stick while on a bench in Millenium Park. Worked for awhile, but not for too long. As we left our lunch-time restaurant, I stopped again to adjust the bandaid and the hostess whipped out a giant box of bandaids and asked if I needed another one. First bandaids offered by a restaurant .......but apparently I'm not the only one with foot challenges!

As we were limping home, we cut thru Millenium Park and the Grant Park orchestra was rehearsing for their first concert of the summer tomorrow evening. Sarah was all about stopping and listening since she recognized the piece as Vivaldi's Four Seasons, which is part of her favorite Classical Kids CD Vivaldi's Ring of Mystery. We plan to head over tomorrow night to hear the program in full.

Yesterday we discovered a treasure at the Art Institute. I've been to this museum scores of times in my life and never knew about the Thorne Room of Miniatures. All you Interior Designers and doll house lovers out there....take note. It is a fabulous collection of period accurate rooms from England, France and the US from the 1600's to the 1930's. They were assembled by Mrs. Thorne in the 1930's of authentic materials with the most breathtaking details! It's supposed to be the most accurate set of miniatures in the world. Sarah and I really enjoyed walking thru there---and they have a raised ledge for the vertically challenged to walk along so they can be sure to see everything as well!

Still can't find my camera. I'm dying to post pics of the Lions wearing the hockey helmets......

2 comments:

  1. How cool is it to walk out your door and hear beautiful live music!!

    And now you will never make fun of the ladies in business suits walking around in gym shoes - right? ha ha

    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey speaking of lions in helmets -- When my mom, Aunt Debbie, Dan, and I went to the Styx concert at Charter One Pavillion, we passed the Field Museum on our hunt for a cab home. One of the dinosaurs outside wore a Blackhawk's jersey! We were all surprised too!

    Jaimie

    ReplyDelete