Monday, June 21, 2010

Thursday Sarah and I made our first grocery run. We walked to Whole Foods (1 1/2 miles each way), made our selections, then arranged for them to be delivered for a fee of $10. Not too bad....We hoofed it back pretty quickly to meet the delivery guy who came to the door and put everything on the kitchen counters. Very convenient. Grocery shopping and workout all in one! I have however, recently purchased a wheeled cart for toting groceries home and will try that next time. I've also seen several Peapod deliveries unloading at the apartment. So....this is how urbanites grocery shop.....There's also a Trader Joes next to Whole Foods and a close by Dominicks, so we'll try those too!

I have a washer and dryer in the unit which I'm so happy about. Since this is an older building, most of the units do not have in unit laundry, but this one does...and it's bigger than I thought. When I want to do linens and bedding, I can use the big laundry facility downstairs. There are advantages to that.....several huge commercial size units....and many available washers so I can do multiple loads at one time.....but for now I'm doing it all here!

Went to Millenium Park's Pritzker Pavilion for three concerts so far. Had a picnic with our music Saturday evening. Yesterday my sis-in-law Janet and my neice Jaimie came down for a visit. Jaimie recently learned she's been selected for the Schaumburg Youth Orchestra on French Horn. Way to go Jaimie!! She'll be studying piano with me this year, which I am SO excited to be doing with her! Last night, in honor of her recent good news, we went to hear the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra at Pritzker. Great concert.... and it closed with a Concerto for Maracas! Yes, those shaky things in every child's rhythm band collection! The soloist was the percussionist with the Lyric Opera Orchestra and man was he good! I didn't know Maracas had different pitches and colors depending upon how you shake them. We were sitting right down in front so the visual was as good as the music. What fun!!


1 comment: