Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Out my window almost straight north, we can see the Ohio Street Beach nestled in the trees. So this morning Sarah and I took my new AWESOME beach/grocery/picnic cart and walked on over. It was about a 25 minute walk (sure looks closer from the apartment), but a lovely one along the lakeshore mostly. We know a few shortcuts thru parking lots which aren't gorgeous but the lakefront was clear and sunny and blue with a gentle breeze. When we arrived about 9:45 it was pretty quiet. I set up my chair under the shade of the trees and Sarah headed for the water. I left the plastic cups (our version of sand toys) in the apt, but she had fun anyway! It heated up pretty quickly to the mid 80's and we headed back about 11:30. Chores and practicing now then off to the 'burbs this evening til Saturday to stay with Tisha's girls while she and Ian head out of town. We'll stop by Janet's and Jaimie's Schaumburg townhome on the way back into the city Saturday am for a quick piano lesson, the we'll be back into our lovely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment