Wednesday, October 13, 2010





When you can't remember how to start a new post on your blog.....you know it's been too long since you posted! Summer was more like one long vacation, but once September got here, the business of life swallowed us up! It's all been good though! We started a home school program on Mondays called Classical Conversations. We've met several families here in the city and are enjoying it very much. Sarah also does ballet twice a week and I started my first piano student here two weeks ago. Starting, too, to network for Silpada in the city while still caring for my Atlanta customers. So, a lot is going on!

August we headed back to Atlanta to help Elizabeth get back to UGA and then returned to the city to enjoy the Tall Ships events at Navy Pier. We sailed on a replica 1812 warship....and visited the HMS Bounty. It was constructed in the 1990's specifically for use in films and was the featured ship in the Pirates of the Caribbean. It is completely authentic on the outside, but custom built on the interior to allow extra room for lights and cameras. There were a dozen others, all fabulous and beautiful. The ships all sailed in on Tuesday of that week in a parade and we rode our bikes down near the planetarium to watch it all unfold.

The end of the month found us up in Wisconsin with Dick's family for our neice Jessica's wedding to Ben. It was a beautiful outdoor wedding in Dick's folks back yard, along a stream and finishing in their gazebo. Great weather finished a perfect day, and Jessica and Ben are on their way to London where Jessica will finish her medical training. It was so nice to see everyone and catch up!

Well....now that I've a new camera, I've been taking pics and just put them into iphoto. So, let's see if I can post them to the blog......

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You did it! I got your post in an email. Wahoo! Great job!
    Glad to hear things are going well. Cool ships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! So the email thing worked? Yeah me! I think I signed up some other people, but can't remember who! I'm SO happy....I can work my camera AND blog! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete