Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Our First Guest!






Sarah's friend Abby flew up from Atlanta over this past weekend and we delighted in showing off our fair city to her. Visits to Navy Pier and, of course, the American Girl Store are even more fun when you get to bring a friend! And, we made a quick trip down the street early Sunday am to watch the start of the Chicago Marathon. We got there early enough to see the start of the wheelchair races and also, one double amputee on prosthetic legs. Incredible to watch them all, knowing they would be going for 26 miles. After about 10 minutes, the elite runners came by, looking more like they were running a sprint. Someone told me the elite runners would finish in just over 2 hours. It's mind boggling..... The weather was warm---up near the mid 80's....I don't even check weather.com anymore cause it's always wrong! I thought we moved north! Still have that new coat, you know, the sleeping bag with a hood.....

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm all caught up! I love your Chicago life. What a treat! I love all the pics & stories & bike riding & symphonies & museums & discoveries...all of it is so fun. Keep up w/ the posts! I'll know more about your life now then I ever did with you living in the same state :).
    Enjoy the winter! kristina

    ReplyDelete